Wx

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Some of my favorite Life Shots

Two Arizona icons in one photo - Gorgeous sunrises and saguaro cacti

A Harris Hawk giving me the eye

Mount Hood from the window of a 737

A Hood River Valley tree withstanding all that with enduring strength

A Oregon lighthouse withstanding all that with enduring strength

Winter does occasionally visit the desert

Floating Catalina Mountains above a snow covered Sonoran Desert

Snow covered Sonoran Desert Sunrise

Arches NP Utah - This photo stands as one of my favorites as the crowd at Arches National Park was completely bewildered as to why I turned my back on the Arch in front of them. The tree was completely outside the arch but somehow found a way to grow such that the arch framed it perfectly. As I took this photo the crowd completely missed the amazing beauty that nature had offered up to them. If only we would sometimes look beyond the obvious. Dyslexia is described as a disability. I have found it be a pain when playing cards and dice games and simply trying to read or type at a normal speed... However, I have learned to relook at things several times to make sure I got it accurate. This constant reevaluation of what I see gave me the skills necessary to see what the crowd completely missed on that day At Arches. Disability sometimes yes, sometimes no...

Mount Saint Helens August of 2005- My first attempt at good composition and an eye for taking a picture that matched imagination of the final picture on the wall. Also, yes I intentionally gave it a painting like feel in post processing.

Deschutes River Valley silhouetted by Mount Hood right after a beautiful rain storm - August of 2004 this is a really bad photo but I love it because it was Angie's idea to stop the car and take the photo. I wish I would have taken a better photo,. However I learned a lot about photography on this one. So I am very nostalgic about this one. Angie thank you for endorsing this one of what would turn out to be over 700,000 photos later


2 comments: